Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What is it about fantasy football that is so intriguing?

A new phenomenon has taken over the sports world. It is called fantasy football. I got introduced to it several years ago and now it is something that I follow every day. It is very hard to get away from and it is often very distracting.

Before I get into how distracting it can be let me explain to you the basics of it. Every NFL season you pick in draft form a team comprised of several players. These players give you points on a weekly basis according to what they do on the field. Every week your team takes on another team that is in your league. The team with the most points in that head to head match up wins. You then have a record just like a real football team does, but the only thing is that your team consists of players from many NFL teams not just one.

Now that you have heard the basics let me tell you how so many people are addicted to it. News reports say that so may people are addicted to this game that it distracts them from doing what they are supposed to be doing at their job. Companies are losing money because their employees are following their fantasy football team and not working!

Fantasy football is not all it is cracked up to be. Since your team deals with individual statistics and not NFL team stats it is hard to enjoy the game the way it is supposed to be enjoyed. I play fantasy and it makes it hard for me to enjoy the game and I find myself just cheering for my players. I guess I just in to deep, oh well.

No comments: